Unit London was founded in 2013 by two young artists with a desire to break down the barriers of elitism in the contemporary art world. Since then, Unit London has grown from a small pop up gallery in Covent Garden to an international brand with big expansion plans and stand-out shows by some of our top artists planned for 2018. We are looking for a driven, organised and digitally-savvy art enthusiast to join our team to help us make great art accessible to all in this important year for the company.
The ideal candidate will have some well-rounded gallery experience and an interest in contemporary art. Able to speak confidently and communicate key information to both clients and visitors, the candidate will be extremely detail-oriented, assisting with all areas of the business, including cataloguing, shipping organisation, accounting and event management. Reporting to the Gallery Manager, the candidate will have a good knowledge of IT and computer software and a positive, can-do attitude!
REQUIREMENTS / PREFERENCES
- 1+ years experience in a gallery environment.
- Design skills and general IT skills preferred including Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
- Welcoming and friendly front-of-house attitude.
- Able to manage individual projects to completion.
- Young, friendly team atmosphere.
- Working in a dynamic company with some of the best contemporary artists in the world.
- Flexible working hours.
If you’re interested in being part of the team or would like further information on the role or the company, please send your C.V and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org!