Social Media Internship at Unit London
Social Media Intern (full time/part time)
What is Unit London?
Since its inception, Unit London has strived to provide a unique and experimental platform for the world’s most distinctive emerging talent, showcasing their work to a culturally curious audience across the globe. Unit London remains firmly committed to its core principles that art should be celebrated, inclusive and undivided. Founded in 2013, Unit London was born from an innate desire to break down the barriers of elitism and create new innovative pathways into the contemporary art world, recognised for its pioneering approach to digital media and role in expanding and diversifying audiences using new technologies.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for an intern to help us to run our social media accounts. This applicant should be an enthusiastic and inventive person - someone who is able to create interesting and relevant content and to present captivating visuals for our audience. You should have a strong interest in the greater digital media landscape within the contemporary art world and be able to translate our brand message across our social media channels to our global audience.
- Posting updates, news, and announcements that are relevant to our brand and the contemporary art industry across our Instagram, Facebook and Linkedin accounts
- Engaging with our online community and tracking leads and enquiries received via our social media channels
- Researching new areas of interest in which to engage with our audience
- Undertaking social media projects or activities as instructed and exploring new, niche social media networks across the world
- Reaching out to influencers and brands and presenting ideas for new strategic partnerships
- Creating monthly analytics reports surrounding our social media activity
- Writing articles on a variety of topics to upload to our website
- Uploading content to Unit London’s website CMS which abides by our content and style guidelines
- Copy-editing written materials before online distribution
- Assisting our Content Manager on videography and photography shoots at artists’ studios around the UK
- Brainstorming with our Content Manager about the different ways in which we can ensure our content is inventive, creative and consistently aligns with top-line business goals
- Helping our Content Manager on ad hoc design work for major exhibitions
- Organising and maintaining the gallery’s digital files
- Helping to manage all data entry and updates for Unit London systems
What you’ll need
- A strong interest in the current contemporary art world
- A self-starter with a strong work ethic
- An interest in photography and videography
- Exemplary knowledge of social media (Instagram & Facebook)
- Strong written skills and the ability to write clearly and concisely
- Ability to research and write both quickly and efficiently to meet tight writing deadlines
- Excellent organisational skills
- Willingness to learn and receive further training
- IT literate, with experience using Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite.
How to apply
Please send your Curriculum vitae and a 250-word cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org